The Account Strategist is the lynchpin for developing and maintaining exemplary client relationships which are the heart and soul of our business and our client’s success. This role is on the front lines of the business, with the responsibility to create & manage client strategy, goals, and results. The Account Strategist maintains a vision for new and improved results, innovations, and opportunities for relationship growth as well as driving the work forward based on alignment with business & marketing goals. This role combines experience in relationship management, consulting, goal-setting, marketing strategy and tactics to achieve client growth in revenue and KPI’s. The Account Strategist also works closely with cross-collaborative teams to present project & creative briefs, maintaining the strategic thread across multiple departments from creative to inbound.
- Execute client strategy initiatives that support client goals and have measurable outcomes (approximately 26 billable hours per week).
- Manage a book of clients (6-12) with the capacity to drive revenue and growth for clients and the agency. This includes both project-based clients and ongoing partnership clients.
- Consult and provide recommendations to guide clients to their business goals.
- Lead client discovery sessions, status meetings, strategy discussions & presentations, creating agendas, and facilitating internal & external meetings.
- Create and build strategic marketing campaigns, collaborating with team members, using a data-driven approach, and always keeping an eye on the bigger picture for clients.
- Ability to identify client goals & tie them expertly to a strategy & tactical plan.
- Lead an internal agency team through the full campaign lifecycle; from ideation to integration and execution, continually seeking client feedback, and assessing performance.
- Oversee the implementation of the account team’s deliverables; prioritize assignments and manage risks to bring to life award-winning work and client results.
- Work closely with project managers on scope, deliverables, timelines, and budgets; challenge the status quo, and drive innovation and out-of-the-box solutions. Be the driving force on executing the work in a productive, efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of clients’ industries, cultures, products/services, and strategic communications/marketing goals.
- Maintain a responsive service orientation; demonstrate a high level of organization and detail management.
- Ability to collect information, feedback & data, and make decisions that provide exceptional client experiences. This includes reading reports & recommendations and making strategic decisions in line with client goals, budgets & deliverables. A practiced ability to connect the dots between tactics and ROI for the client.
- Create scope documents, and project & creative briefs, and run kick-off and internal meetings to drive high-quality work forward.
- Forecast, create & manage deals & pipelines to drive revenue and growth with current clients in line with achieving their goals. Update deals & pipeline weekly, & forecasting monthly.
- Comfortable initiating conversations with clients & team members that identify issues with a solution-minded approach, including a budget, misalignments, miscommunication, errors, etc. to maintain client satisfaction.
- Earn Hubspot certifications annually.
\ Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 6-10+ years experience in client relations, agency experience required.
- Expert at sharing the vision and impact of Vye; lead by example and models the core values.
- Expert time management, and innate project foresight.
- Able to build a strong case for business decisions, prioritization, and workflow that reflects data, best practices, and anticipated results.
- Ability to understand the importance of a data-driven approach as well as uncover recommendations based on KPI’s.
- Able to pivot in challenging and opportune times in order to maximize client results.
- A humble teacher committed to building the knowledge and skill sets of others.
- Driven by results, innovation, and client success, with a get-it-done attitude and the ability to rally the team toward results.