- Manage 8-12 clients & projects
- Client relationship
- Forecast, revenue & scoping
- Account & and project leadership
The Account Manager is the lynchpin for developing and maintaining exemplary client relationships with clients and projects. This role is on the front lines of the business, with the responsibility to manage & execute on client strategy, goals, and results, as well as day-to-day deliverables, timelines, and budgets. The Account Manager works closely with Account Strategists and Project Managers to maintain a vision for new and improved results, innovations, and opportunities.
- Execute client strategies & project initiatives that support client goals and have measurable outcomes (approximately 28 billable hours per week).
- With leadership from Account Strategist, create and build strategic marketing campaigns.
- Manage budgets and timelines with support from the project manager.
- Oversee prioritization of the team’s work, and champion client needs & timelines amidst other business priorities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of clients’ industries, cultures, products/services, and strategic communications/marketing goals.
- Lead client communication including day-to-day correspondence, add-on projects & scopes, and regular renewal and assessment discussions.
- Lead an internal agency team through the full campaign lifecycle; from ideation to integration and execution, continually seeking client feedback, and assessing performance.
- Manage risks to bring to life award-winning work and client results.
- Provide direction for, and work closely with, the project manager on scope, deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Build and leverage partnerships across internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of work.
- Prepare account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals, and other client communications and correspondence.
- Address client concerns & and feedback in a timely manner.
- Lead monthly reporting reviews & discussions with clients, making recommendations on optimizations that enhance performance & achieve goals.
\ Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) (preferably in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field).
- 3-5 years experience in client relations required, preferably in an agency.
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating teams, directing the work of team members.
- High level of organization and detail management.
- Examples of past influence on organizational and/or client revenue and results.
- Examples of past influence on brands or brand creation.
- Technical competence with (or willingness to learn) inbound marketing software, content management systems, project management systems, and accounting software.
- Preferred knowledge of or willingness to learn the Traction business model.
- Able to build a strong case for business decisions, prioritization, and workflow that reflects data, best practices, and anticipated results.
- Able to pivot in challenging and opportune times in order to maximize client results.
- Masterful in winning others over with a spirit of collaboration and grounded intellect.
- Driven by results, innovation, and client success, with a get-it-done attitude and the ability to rally the team toward results.