Reports to: Associate Creative Director
As a Senior Graphic Designer at Vye, you will be responsible for bringing design, editorial and interactive media to life with innovative and actionable concepts that drive client success. We’re looking for someone with experience in elevating existing client brands and advising new brand opportunities with vision, strategy and creativity, from ideation to execution. You're a good fit if you have a proven track record, and portfolio, to demonstrate success in graphic design, as well as communication, collaboration, attention to detail and project follow-through. This is a mid-level role, ideal for someone with 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Oversee design elements, from concept to final delivery. Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to understand the assignment, audience and intended messages. Deliver creative vision through moodboards, sketches, research and presentations.
- Execute an array of creative assets including print materials, digital ads, social media posts, emails, infographics, displays, eBooks, digital checklists and other online offers.
- Coordinate production requirements and provide final files in various formats. Research ideas and deliverables to ensure final creative is delivered to high quality standards.
- Provide designs that support client brand and strategy and ensure consistency across all channels.
- Manage time and budget constraints across all projects.
- Stay current on design and technology trends.
- Source stock images or client images and provide direction to photographers. Photo editing as needed.
- Work as a collaborative team member, contributing ideas, feedback and input on visual strategies and brand interpretations to bring campaigns to life.
- Assist with forecasting project timelines, budgets and other resources needed to complete a variety of design and creative projects.
Competencies & Attributes
The Graphic Designer is:
- Highly creative and self-driven; motivated to elevate ideas, people and brands.
- Comfortable making decisions about producing graphics; able to see design development from a holistic perspective.
- Always curious, always pushing.
- Filled with pride and ownership for your work, with a drive to contribute to our team and ultimately, our clients' success.
- Communicative, with the ability to confidently present ideas and engage with others to brainstorm and gain input and perspective.
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a graphic designer, preferably in an agency setting.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Collaborative in ideation and feedback. Ability to articulate your creative process.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign. Understanding of Adobe XD or other UX software.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills; ability to confidently and clearly give and receive feedback.
- Must possess a growth mindset, thrive on creative collaboration and personal accountability.
- Understanding of inbound marketing methodology preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and discuss the creative process within your portfolio.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.