Reports to: Creative Operations Director
Words matter. And as a Senior Copywriter at Vye, you take pride in stringing together the right words which starts with understanding of the audience you’re writing for—their mindset, what motivates them, what they care about. You’ll collaborate with designers, project management and the account team to ideate and create strong, cohesive brand positioning, stories and clickable content that supports our client’s business needs. You’ll executive communications with clarity and timeliness; and refine them as needed across multiple channels.
- Write a high volume of expert, on-brand copy.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our clients’ brand voice and implement it into various channels/tactics—website, email, video, direct mail, print ads, social, brand stories.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other copywriters, designers, animators, front-end developers, as well as production and strategy to develop ideas, refine concepts and ensure creative vision is achieved and client expectations are met.
- Maintain expertise and voice to guide other copywriters, teammates and leaders.
- Personalize copy to ensure it is relevant to the audience based on their actions and mindset.
- Help organize, maintain and oversee creative standards and guidelines.
- Offer insight on creative briefs and schedules.
- Understand and follow best practices and trends in creative copywriting, digital marketing, branding and creative development.
Competencies & Attributes
- Compelled to write deeply relatable copy that drives people to action.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment; able to flex with change while managing time, budgets and other resources.
- Motivated by exceeding measurable performance goals.
- A problem solver with a keen sense for operational efficiency; you know the best way to get things done.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work (preferably in English, writing, marketing, advertising or related fields).
- 5+ years of copywriting experience; B2C and B2B writing experience within an agency preferred.
- StoryBrand certification or strong understanding is a plus.
- Cross-channel expertise, including websites, email, print, and social.
- Highly creative and strategic.
- Collaborative in ideation and feedback.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a growth mindset, thrive on creative collaboration and personal accountability.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.