Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
Reports to: President
Vye (locations in downtown St. Cloud, Minn. and Green Bay, Wis.) is seeking an Office Manager for our St. Cloud office. This position is the “power behind our people,” as the person who provides the tools and support services to ensure our team members are cared for and they have the resources and support to excel in their roles and grow in their areas of expertise. With enthusiasm, flexibility, and an eye for detail, this role keeps our team, and offices, running smoothly and exudes the Vye mission among team members, clients, and partners.
Office and Team Coordination:
- Assist with onboarding new team members including scheduling orientation appointments, ordering supplies, and securing resources with Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Maintain new employee checklists and administer employee surveys.
- Ensure reception area, breakroom, and general office are clean, welcoming, and comfortable; manage decor and remodeling as needed.
- Oversee reception functions including greeting clients, phone calls, general email accounts, signage for guests, incoming and outgoing mail.
- Oversee setup and use of conference rooms; organize, clean, ensure technology needs are met; conference room schedules maintained, and visible for team members.
- Manage inventory and order office supplies, equipment, and shared refreshments.
- Facilitate general maintenance of building and office space.
- Manage file storage and regular organization and cleanup of files and folders on shared drives. Ensure company/employee documentation is accessible, organized, and up-to-date.
- Participate in the Culture Task Force; coordinate quarterly team-building events, initiate the celebration of staff birthdays and anniversaries, manage Lunch and Learn schedule and oversee holiday party planning.
- Coordinate client gifts and hospitality.
- Assist with planning and organizing Vye events.
Executive Leader Support:
- Assist with bank deposits.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including airfare, hotel, car rental, conference room space, special meals, etc.
- Organize company, leader, and client meetings including scheduling, securing and setting up technology and meeting space, print materials, create and send agendas, order food; take notes and follow up on deliverables as needed.
- Track office equipment and assist with planning capital expenditures.
Competencies and Attributes
The Office Manager at Vye is:
- Driven to help others succeed and exercises a passion for connecting people, talents, and resources.
- A self-starter who is energized by a fast-paced environment and is able to organize, multitask, and prioritize.
- An effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills and an eye for proofreading and other details.
- A lifelong learner who enjoys taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Proficiency with Google Drive (slides, docs, sheets), and Google Drive, Slides, Docs, and Sheets.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly Confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.