New Business Director
Reports to Vice President
The New Business Director is a champion for Vye, aligning the agency’s expertise, experience and results with new clients’ needs. This person improves market position and achieves financial growth for the agency by overseeing the sales cycle for all new business opportunities (exploratory process, proposal/pitch, and scope/pricing calculation). The New Business Director works closely with the internal team to identify business opportunities, build client relationships, negotiate and close business deals. To achieve this, this person maintains knowledge of current market conditions and connects the agencies’ abilities to the clients’ needs.
- Nurture new business opportunities from all sources: website, referrals, professional networks, and outreach.
- Oversee the prospect pipeline and sales cycle for all new business opportunities (exploratory process, proposal/pitch, and scope/pricing calculation).
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Transition new clients to account/marketing team; engage internal team members throughout the sales cycle (may include fit meetings, presentations, and knowledge/experience sharing).
- Maintain outreach weekly to prospects.
- Engage in professional networking efforts by serving on committees, boards, and attending networking events. Connect with influencers and industry experts to fuel growth for self, team members, the organization, and clients.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal team members to ensure continuous improvement, knowledge sharing of marketing trends, innovations and client successes.
- Assess the effectiveness and impact of the sales cycle and new client onboarding process through quantitative and qualitative assessment.
Competencies and Attributes
- Passionate and persuasive, with a motivation for sales and closing client deals.
- A creative strategist, who can connect clients’ goals with the agency's practices, expertise, and experience.
- Charismatic and energetic when engaging with potential new clients and sharing the Vye experience.
- A seasoned collaborator with the ability to liaise with clients and team members to ensure a seamless onboarding experience.
- Decisive and confident to help move people and projects forward.
- Self-guided and energized by a fast-paced environment and able to organize, multitask, and prioritize.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (preferably in sales, marketing, business management, or related fields).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in sales, new business development, or client relations.
- Prospecting and closing skills, motivation for sales, and experience with sales planning.
- Experience presenting ideas to clients; able to connect strategy and client outcomes.
- Evidence of relationship management with team members, clients, and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable and engaging presenter of ideas; experience communicating and working with cross-functional teams.
- You must excel in hunting for, finding, and closing new business in a business-to-business sales role.
- You must have a passion to sell, be driven, and be confident in your approach.
- You must be an authentic and effective communicator.
- You must have experience building a strong network and using that network to develop new sales opportunities.
- You must be a learner - hungry to learn, fail, and grow.
- Experience in marketing or advertising is a bonus but not required.
- You must be comfortable calling on business owners, marketing directors, and executives.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and whom we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly Confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.