Inbound Content Specialist
Reports to: Creative Operations Director
Many companies invest in marketing and never measure, or see results. This is money and time wasted. At Vye, our mission is to redefine marketing as a measurable growth investment. A key component of this promise is content that not only sings to our client’s brands but is actionable and results-driven. As an Inbound Content Specialist, you are responsible for putting our client’s content marketing plans in motion. We’ll count on you to flex your SEO acumen through keyword research and implementation of our client’s content marketing tactics. Your work will inform a comprehensive strategy, so your ability to see the big picture while maintaining an eye toward client voice, technical expertise and tactics is the magical mix we’re seeking. You'll need to be comfortable with ongoing change and learning on the fly!
- Maintain and grow expertise and authority in the power and purpose of functional content; share this knowledge across client teams and the entire agency.
- Approach content development with a “big picture” mindset, consistently offering innovative, creative ideas that stretch the client’s and team’s imagination and vision for what’s possible.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ mission, purpose and industry to inform content development as well as strategic thought leadership for clients and teammates.
- Conduct industry, channel and/or product research to inform strategy and tactics. Explore the latest trends, technology and client’s needs/successes.
- Maintain a strong understanding of inbound marketing (and HubSpot), write smart content this in mind, and build the vehicles/tactics for execution (eg. landing pages, thank you emails, follow up emails, email workflows, blogs, web pages, CTAs).
- Create and manage social media calendars and ad campaigns.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead generation through email, content and social channels.
- Assist in production and oversight of content calendars; work collaboratively with the team to determine how to maximize content for increased results.
- Build email campaigns including branching logic and understanding of lead flows.
- Interview subject matter experts as needed, conduct research and work through an iterative process, with internal and client stakeholders, to finalize content.
- Maintain the highest standards for quality, growing expertise in client voice and preferences while overseeing proofreading guidelines.
- Assist with reporting and analyzing key performance metrics as needed.
- Attend client discovery meetings as needed.
- Perform persona research and characterize brand stories on behalf of the client.
Competencies & Attributes
The Inbound Content Specialist is:
- Energized by a fast paced environment.
- An inbound expert with a solid understanding of how to create action-driven content via HubSpot and other tools.
- Motivated by meeting and exceeding measurable performance goals.
- A problem solver with a keen sense for operational efficiency; you know the best way to get things done.
- Organized, able to manage lots of details simultaneously.
- Able to connect content strategy and tactics to client outcomes.
- Discipled, analytical and critical thinker.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (preferably in English, writing, marketing, advertising or related fields).
- Minimum of two years experience as a writer, content developer or related role, preferably in an agency setting.
- Must possess a genuine hunger to learn Inbound marketing strategy and tactics; experience in marketing automation software, HubSpot preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including proper grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Process-minded marketer with a background in SEO, email marketing and content marketing
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to flex with change.
- Must possess a growth mindset, thrive on creative collaboration and personal accountability.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.