Reports to: Web Design and Development Manager
Location: Remote or Hybrid
As a HubSpot Web Developer at Vye you will collaborate with Account Strategists, Project Managers, Designers, and Inbound Marketing Specialists to redesign and develop websites on the HubSpot CMS. Vye’s clients are in a variety of industries and categories, so you’ll see new challenges consistently that require innovative and strategic thinking to solve. As a web developer you’ll have periodic interaction with clients to consult on Vye’s capabilities, teach and train but the majority of your time is spent with the internal team.
If you’re guided by best practices, industry trends, and have an eye toward innovation, let’s talk! This can be a fully remote position anywhere in the United States, or a hybrid situation if you’re near our St. Cloud, MN or Green Bay, WI offices.
Think you’re a good fit? Get to know our team and our core values.
\ The work
- Astonish clients by exceeding their functionality and usability expectations with appealing web and mobile-based applications.
- Develop mostly on HubSpot CMS. Additional platforms may include WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce, or other.
- Oversee development of web architecture, enhancements, analysis, design, testing, and deployment.
- Elevate clients’ brands with innovative concepts and ideas; maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the interface.
- Implement UI/UX best practices. Design user testing experiences that maximize feedback and learnings for continued improvement and growth.
- Introduce new functionality and innovations; ensure collaboration with digital strategy, UI/UX, marketing automation, SEO and analytics.
- Promote web development processes and best practices including design and code reviews and continuous integration.
- Maintain HubSpot expertise, provide technical leadership and recommendations for innovations and improvements.
- Direct and perform quality assurance testing of key projects/initiatives and bug fixes.
- Ensure websites adhere to key regulatory requirements and accessibility standards; optimize performance globally and on mobile devices.
- Drive innovation and optimization, piloting new technologies and approaches.
- Attend and complete certification courses.
- Prioritize work; maintain budgets and timelines, balance billable hours with continuous improvement, research and learning.
- Respond to issues effectively, seeing, calling attention to and solving challenges in a practical and productive manner.
- Demonstrate project management skills; ensure adherence to core processes and operating systems.
- Provide realistic time estimates for upcoming projects.
- Interact with and learn from others to maintain a working knowledge of inbound marketing best practices.
\ Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience developing themes, templates, modules on HubSpot CMS with an advanced knowledge of HubL template language and CMS configuration
- Passion for performance, debugging and benchmarking. Knowledge of quality assurance concerning testing environments, version control, browser compatibility, user experience, SEO, security, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the concept and integrity of custom designs and functionality throughout the website development process.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch and/or similar UI softwares;
- Basic knowledge of backend programming.
- Experience with agency project management and time tracking software.
- Desire for career growth to add frameworks and additional expertise as needed.
\ Interview Process
- Phone or video screening with qualified candidates
- Video interview with Web Development Manager
- Team interview: 2-3 Vye team members interview/discuss culture and fit
- Final interview if needed
- Offer letter
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance options as well as company-paid life and long term disability insurance
- Health Savings, medical flex, and dependent flex account options
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan to all full-time and part-time employees who work a minimum of 1,000 hours each year.
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) to provide each employee a retirement benefit by acquiring shares of stock of the Company.
- Paid holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Summer Hours: Memorial Day to Labor Day office hours change to Summer Hours with the office closing on Fridays at 3pm.
- Birthday: Half-day of PTO to use however you choose during the month of your birthday.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Training opportunities through monthly scheduled “stay sharp” sessions
- Team building time: Friday beerstorming session, Lunch and Learn sessions, and all staff in-person events (up to 2 times a year)