Reports to Vice President
Vye is looking for a Creative Director to join our growing team, preferably in the Greater St. Cloud, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN or Green Bay, WI areas. We are looking for an experienced creative with a solid portfolio and proven track record in leading the creative process including strategy, brand development, digital marketing (including inbound design, paid ads, websites, and downloadable content), design execution, communication, collaboration, attention to detail, and project follow-through. A strong sense of collaboration and the ability to elevate and execute ideas are essential.
This role is responsible for bringing design and interactive media to life with innovative and actionable concepts that drive client success. The ideal candidate is a highly conceptual thinker, storyteller, and coach with a passion for bringing brands to life and creating client results. The Creative Director serves on the leadership team and works closely with Client Services and Project Management to ensure efficient and effective creative workflow across the agency. .
- Provide senior level creative direction and hands-on design and/or editorial execution that results in exceptional, award-winning creative work.
- Collaborate with account managers and creative team members on client presentations and pitches.
- Set the vision for, and provide leadership, management, accountability and guidance to the creative team. Educate, and guide, the creative team to achieve smart, impactful, client-focused solutions that drive revenue and other key business goals.
- Oversee team member schedules, capacity, traffic and workflow; provide input on assigning team resources to optimize efficiency and effectiveness while capitalizing on individual skillsets.
- Keep a daily pulse on deadlines, schedules, capacity for creative team. Seamlessly move throughout the business, navigating “in the business” and “on the business” initiatives.
- Develop, and maintain, strong partnerships across internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of creative work; fearless in execution and understanding the revenue and operational opportunities for the business.
- Participate in process improvement and analysis of operations, including accuracy of estimates and billable rates, project management systems and tracking and impact on profitability.
- Participate in annual budget planning, tracking and managing ongoing review and analysis of the creative budget; advocate budget needs that will elevate the work and professional development of team members.
- Build a network of industry contacts and partners to elevate the depth and breadth of LI’s creative offerings.
Competencies & Attributes
The Creative Director at Vye is:
- The champion of creativity and innovation, tirelessly exploring out-of-the-box opportunities and solutions; approaches new ideas with a zealous nature and encourages others to join the endless pursuit of making the work fun and inventive.
- Motivated by a fast paced environment with high expectations for results, integrity and commitment to quality work and relationships.
- A confident decision-maker and mindful communicator, providing a sense of calm during high-volume, high-stakes moments; leads the way by embracing the fast-paced and responsive environment with professionalism and levity.
- Skilled in handling criticism well and models constructive feedback, facilitation and negotiation for peers and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) (preferably in design, marketing, advertising or related fields). Advanced degree or training preferred.
- Experience leading, managing and motivating teams, directing the work of team members in both creative and production roles (3+ years preferred).
- Experience working in an agency or in-house creative team, with a strong award-winning portfolio (5+ years preferred).
- Expert understanding of creative technologies and best practices in graphic design, content, videography, photography, and web development.
- Successful experience planning and implementing integrated marketing and brand strategies.
- Evidence of relationship management with team members, clients and business partners.
- Expert knowledge of analytics and operational processes, including forecasting, scheduling and tracking staff and organization capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable and engaging presenter of ideas; experience communicating and working with cross- functional teams.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.