Reports to: Creative Operations Director
Status: Full-Time (remote possible)
Words matter—they can make or break a brand strategy, digital marketing campaign or PR pitch. As a Copywriter at Vye, you’ll play an integral role in our mission to redefine marketing as a measurable growth investment, with copy that sings to our clients’ brands and business goals. We’ll count on you to flex your SEO acumen through keyword research and implementation of our client’s content marketing tactics. You’ll inform strategy, so your ability to see the big picture and maintain an eye toward client voice, technical expertise and tactics is our clients’ dream come true.
- Write a high volume of expert, on-brand copy.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our clients’ brand voice and implement it into various channels/tactics—website, email, video, direct mail, print ads, social, brand stories.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other copywriters, designers, animators, front-end developers, as well as production and strategy to develop ideas, refine concepts and ensure creative vision is achieved and client expectations are met.
- Personalize copy to ensure it is relevant to the audience based on their actions and mindset.
- Maintain a strong understanding of inbound marketing (and HubSpot), write smart content with this in mind, and build the vehicles/tactics for execution (eg. landing pages, thank you emails, follow up emails, email workflows, blogs, web pages, CTAs).
- Create and manage optimized blog calendars.
- Interview subject matter experts, conduct research and work through an iterative process, with internal and client stakeholders, to personify target audiences and inform strategy and tactics.
Competencies & Attributes
The Copywriter is:
- Highly creative and confident in exploring new ways to refine your craft.
- Energized by a fast paced environment; you’re comfortable with ongoing change and learning on the fly!
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic about learning; attentive to details.
- Motivated by meeting and exceeding measurable performance goals.
- A problem solver with a keen sense for operational efficiency; you know the best way to get things done.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or experience (preferably in English, writing, marketing, advertising or related fields).
- Minimum of two years experience as a writer, content developer or related role, preferably in an agency setting.
- A genuine hunger to learn Inbound marketing strategy and tactics; experience in marketing automation software, HubSpot and preferred.
- Experience in researching, and writing, smart content; Ahrefs experience preferred.
- Collaborative in ideation and feedback.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a growth mindset, thrive on creative collaboration and personal accountability.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.