Reports to: Senior Copywriter
Status: Full-Time (remote possible)
Words matter—they can make or break a brand strategy, digital marketing campaign or PR pitch. As a Copywriter at Vye, you’ll play an integral role in our mission to redefine marketing as a measurable growth investment, with copy that sings to our clients’ brands and business goals. We’ll count on you to flex your SEO acumen through keyword research and implementation of our client’s content marketing tactics. You’ll inform digital strategies, so your ability to see the big picture and keep a pulse on client voice, technical expertise and tactics is our clients’ dream come true.
- Write a high volume of expert, on-brand copy.
- Write SEO-informed content for digital mediums (e.g., webpage copy, email series, etc.).
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our clients’ brand voice, and implement across various channels.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other copywriters, designers, animators, front-end developers to develop ideas, refine concepts, and ensure creative vision is achieved and client expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of inbound marketing (and HubSpot).
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct research to inform writing strategy and reach target audiences.
Competencies & Attributes
As a copywriter, you are:
- Highly creative and always looking for new ways to refine your craft.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment; you’re comfortable with ongoing change and learning on the fly.
- Motivated by meeting and exceeding measurable performance goals.
- A problem solver with a keen sense for operational efficiency; you know the best way to get things done.
- Always on the lookout for "jargon" and ways to improve readability.
- In tune with content best practices, detail-oriented, and able to identify inconsistencies in a piece of content.
- Willing to ask for help when you need it, and confident in raising your hand for new projects.
- Associate’s/bachelor’s degree or experience (preferably in English, writing, marketing, advertising or related fields).
- Minimum of two years experience as a writer, content developer, or related role.
- Experience working in an agency setting.
- A genuine hunger to learn Inbound marketing strategy and tactics.
- Collaborative in ideation and feedback.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a growth mindset and thrive on creative collaboration and personal accountability.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.