Associate Creative Director
Reports to: Creative Operations Director
Vye is looking for an Associate Creative Director (ACD) to join our growing team, preferably in the Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN or Green Bay, WI areas. We are looking for a professional creative with a solid portfolio and proven track record in leading the creative process including strategy, design execution, communication, collaboration, attention to detail, and project follow-through. A strong sense of collaboration and the ability to elevate and execute ideas are essential.
This role is responsible to bring design and interactive media to life with innovative and actionable concepts that drive client success. The ideal candidate is a highly conceptual thinker, storyteller, and coach with a passion for visual storytelling. The ACD will lead a team of creatives to solve complex problems through a variety of media—digital, social, print, and experiential.
- Lead a team of creatives (responsible for web design, graphic design, photography, and video) to develop creative concepts and assets (digital, print, design, copy and social) that drive client success.
- Develop creative concepts—including storyboards, moodboards, creative briefs and shot lists—to demonstrate the connection to client solutions.
- Align internal and external creative talent to leverage and maximize skill sets, innovation, and workflow.
- Hands-on design for high-profile clients and projects.
- Lead the creative team with inspiration, mentorship, and accountability. Responsible for training, development, and assignment of work.
- Champion creative workflow, process improvement, capacity planning, and on-time delivery and quality of work.
- Develop and lead creative strategy from concept to execution. Translate brand concepts and vision into functional creative that drives actionable initiatives and business goals.
- Create the brand positioning framework using persona centric data and work with the team to bring that to life in all aspects of inbound marketing strategies.
- Partner with account managers, web developers, sales, production staff and leadership to ensure the creative fulfills company and client goals.
- Represent the creative team in client meetings; articulate concepts, insights and desired outcomes.
- Ensure creative staff realize their capacity, with projects scheduled, assigned, and delivered on time with creativity, accuracy, and precision.
- Continuously assess effectiveness and impact of creative through quantitative and qualitative assessment.
- Connect with influencers and industry experts to fuel growth for self, team members, the organization, and clients.
Competencies & Attributes
The Associate Creative Director at Vye is:
- Passionate and persuasive in expanding the creative thinking of team members and clients. Confidently makes decisions to move people and projects forward.
- A leader and champion of big ideas.
- Able to showcase creative vision, ideas, and stories with a variety of mediums, including sketches, artful descriptions, mockups.
- A charismatic storyteller who is curious and passionate about the craft and can articulate a creative vision and win over team members and clients.
- Expertise and understanding of web design
- Skilled in handling criticism and models constructive feedback, facilitation, and negotiation for peers and staff.
- An attentive listener and a confident and generous leader who can develop, and guide, a creative vision for clients representing a multitude of industries.
- Self-guided and energized by a fast-paced environment and able to organize, multitask and prioritize.
- Comfortable executing, personally ideating and developing breakthrough concepts and setting an example for the team. Scrappy and unafraid to dig in and get the work done.
- Organized, able to manage lots of details simultaneously.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (preferably in design, marketing, advertising or related fields).
- Minimum of 4-7 years experience, in a related role, in an agency or in-house creative team, with an award-winning design portfolio (with print and digital examples).
- Expert understanding of creative technologies, including Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD.
- A vision to build and lead a creative team.
- Experience presenting ideas to clients; able to connect creative to strategy and client outcomes.
- Evidence of relationship management with team members, clients and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable and engaging presenter of ideas; experience communicating, and working with cross-functional teams.
A Day in the Life of the ACD
- Lead by example and be hands-on with the work.
- Review and approve creative concepts with team members.
- Direct and guide creative team members; advise and counsel colleagues.
- Motivate our internal creative team to think differently and constantly look to elevate their work.
- Provide high-end design for heavy hitter clients/projects.
- Attend project kickoff meetings as needed.
- Quality control for creative team (refine and build this process); accuracy and consistency across all platforms.
- Mentor team members on creative best practices and innovations.
- Oversee capacity and scheduling of creative team.
- Work with Creative Operations Director to ensure creative is functional and converts to client goals.
- Pitch creative in client meetings as needed.
- Assist in managing the Vye brand, style guide and creative assets.
- Engage external resources and partners as needed.
- Build templates for creative assets as needed.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Be humbly confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.