Senior Account Manager
Reports to: Vice President
The Senior Account Manager is the lynchpin for developing and maintaining exemplary client relationships which are the heart and soul of our business and our clients’ success. This role is on the front lines of the business, with responsibility to manage client strategy, goals and results, as well as day-to-day deliverables, timelines and budgets. The Senior Account Manager maintains a vision for new and improved results, innovations and opportunities for relationship growth. This role combines experience in relationship management, goal-setting and negotiations with best practices in leveraging marketing strategy and tactics to achieve client growth.
- Manage a book of clients with the capacity to drive company revenue and growth.
- Lead an internal team through the full campaign lifecycle; from ideation to integration and execution, continually seek client feedback, and assess performance.
- Oversee the implementation of the account team’s deliverables; prioritize assignments and manage risks to bring to life award-winning work and client results.
- Provide direction for, and work closely with, project coordinators on scope, deliverables, timelines, and budgets; challenge the status quo, drive innovation and out-of-the-box solutions.
- Manage budgets and timelines, oversee prioritization of the team’s work, and champion client needs amidst other business priorities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of clients’ industries, culture, products/services, and strategic communications/marketing goals.
- Lead client communication including day-to-day correspondence and regular renewal and assessment discussions.
- Build, and leverage, partnerships across internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of work; fearless in execution and understanding the revenue and operational opportunities for the business.
- Maintain a responsive service orientation; demonstrate a high level of organization and detail management.
- Prepare account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals, and other client communications and correspondence.
Competencies and Attributes
- Expert at sharing the vision and impact of the Vye Way; leads by example and models the core values.
- Able to build a strong case for business decisions, prioritization, and workflow that reflects data, best practices, and anticipated results.
- Able to pivot in challenging and opportune times in order to maximize client results.
- Masterful in winning others over with a spirit of collaboration and grounded intellect.
- A humble teacher committed to building the knowledge and skillsets of others.
- Driven by results, innovation, and client success, with a get-it-done attitude and the ability to rally the team toward results.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in client relations, agency experience preferred.
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating teams, directing the work of team members.
- Examples of past influence on organizational and/or client revenue and results.
- Examples of past influence on brands or brand creation.
- Technical competence with inbound marketing software, content management systems, project management systems, and accounting software.
- Stay sharp. We are hungry to learn and innovate and we know we get to do what we do because we create solutions day in and day out. Roadblocks? We remove them. Status quo? Not on our watch. Complacency and comfort are both growth inhibitors.
- Serve others. Protect the house. Serve the people. We prop others up and extend our hands because being cutthroat is no way to live. We’re reliable and respectful and focused on teamwork and the unity it brings to our spaces. We don’t let drama live here.
- Give a damn. We do whatever it takes. Not because we have to, but because we want to. We take pride in being self-directed and we own problems and seek to understand. Above all, we are passionate about all we do and who we get to do it with.
- Make it fun. We get to work in the most exciting industry in the world. We love what we do and find the fun in our jobs daily. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re relatable, we’re rational, and we’re a little bit rebellious.
- Humbly Confident. We were born to own our story and nothing should stop us from being comfortable with showcasing our true spirit. We’re vulnerable when it counts, confident without being arrogant, and we help others achieve their own humble confidence.